Sunday, September 1, 2013

BOOK TOUR: Saved by Moonlight by Sarah Mäkelä INTERVIEW

Saved by Moonlight
by Sarah Mäkelä

Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Changeling Press
Date of Publication: August 30, 2013
Cover Artist: Bryan Keller

Available Here:

Blurb:

A werewolf reveals what he is to save the love of his life...


When Sylvi comes home to find someone lurking in the apartment she shares with her boyfriend, she realizes her life is in danger. Lukas arrives in time to defend her from the intruder, but she's shocked to learn Lukas is really a werewolf! Can their love survive his revelation?
Sylvi turned off the shower and dried herself. She wrapped the large bath towel around her then set off to grab the cordless phone from the living room. There weren't any flashing lights on the phone to indicate that Lukas had called. Disappointment fluttered in her chest before she shoved it away.
He probably had a busy schedule filled with meetings and schmoozing galore.
She headed for the bedroom and paused in the hallway, staring at the closed door. Had she closed it this morning? Lukas couldn't be here since he would have come out to greet her. However, he wouldn't close the bedroom door either. They had no reason to.
She chewed on her lower lip and looked down at the phone. Her thumb hovered over the number nine. Should she call the police? What if no one was there? What if she'd had a strange memory lapse? She'd look like an idiot.
Stop acting like a child, she scolded herself.
Taking a deep breath, she jerked the door open and flipped on the light. Her gaze raked the room. It was decorated in delicate shades of blue and white. She and Lukas had done this together, as a team. The memory brought a smile to her face. Until she saw him...
Demetrius stood by the window overlooking the street, staring into the rainy night. She knew it was him by his overwhelmingly muscular build and shoulder-length brown hair. How had he found her after all these years? They'd experienced a short, wild rendezvous before she'd come to Florida, but it was so over!
"What are you doing here?" Her voice shook slightly. He turned to face her, and she stepped back toward the door.
Tension rose and filled the air.
"Hello to you, too." He stalked over to the bed. His hands splayed over the blue velvet comforter. "Mmm... Soft. You certainly do have superb taste." The bed groaned under his weight as he crawled onto the mattress and stared at her.
"What do you want?" Sylvi shivered and pressed herself against the doorframe. She had to get out of here. There was no telling what he'd do, especially with her being so vulnerable.
Demetrius licked his lips and ran his gaze over her as if willing her towel away. "You."
"That's too bad because --" Sylvi's words cut off as Demetrius jumped at her in a graceful leap.
He closed the distance between them like a predator. "You were saying?" A smug grin caressed his lips.
"I was trying to say I have a boyfriend." She took a step into the hallway, but he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her against his chest. She was five foot five inches, and yet the top of her head barely reached his shoulder. Even when they'd lusted after each other, his towering stature had intimidated her.
"I don't see anyone else here." He glanced around the room pointedly.
She shivered, but not entirely from the cool air conditioning. Tendrils of fear chased down her spine.

Can you please share with us a little about yourself?

I’m a spicy paranormal and sci-fi romance author. I also love writing urban fantasy, but none of those books are published yet. My passions are traveling, video games, reading and spending time with family and friends.

Have you always wanted to be an author?

Yes. However, when I was younger, I always heard about having a plan B and not focusing on writing as a career, so I thought it’d be a fun hobby. Writing got a hold of me though, and I dedicated myself to learning all about publishing, set on becoming published. It happened too!

Can you share with us your typical writing day.  Is there anything you have to have while writing?

A typical day would be checking my email when I wake up, then I’ll write for a couple of hours. I tend to take lunch around 1 p.m. After lunch, I’ll write some more before focusing on writing business items. Sometimes my cats will want in my lap while I’m writing.

As for something I have to have while writing, I always listen to music while I write unless I’m so focused on getting the words down that I forget, but 99% of the time I’m listening to music while I write. Certain types of music help get me into certain writing moods, so I use playlists with songs that really speak to me for specific books.

What would you say is the most challenging or rewarding part of writing?

The most challenging part of writing is to keep sitting down day after day when the project isn’t new or fresh. Getting the words on paper isn’t easy.

The most rewarding part of writing is when you have readers send e-mail about how they enjoyed your book. That’s one of the best parts. Release day is another great moment as an author when your book is finally available to your readers after all the work you put into it.

Can you please tell us about your latest book?

Sylvi, the heroine, finds herself trapped in the apartment she shares with her hunky boyfriend who is a werewolf unbeknownst to her. Lukas barges in and saves her from the intruder, a rogue werewolf he used to know.

How did you come with the idea for this story?

The initial idea for this story came to me several years ago from a contest prompt. It’s changed a lot from what it was. It had originally been a contemporary romance, but over the years, I know my field is the paranormal. I wanted to do something with it, so I adapted it, putting the characters in a paranormal setting.

Can you share with us your current work in progress?

I have a few different writing projects in various stages. I’m currently working on a holiday story set to release in December called Vera’s Christmas Wish. Also, the next book in my Hacked Investigations cyberpunk romance series called Digital Slave will be releasing in March 2014. In addition to the work with my publishers, I have a few projects I’m looking at self-publishing.

Who are some of your favorite authors?

Karen Chance, Laurell K. Hamilton, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, Kelley Armstrong... the list goes on!

Do you feel that any of your favorite authors have inspired your writing style?

Laurell K. Hamilton was my inspiration, so I’d say when I was starting out with writing, she did inspire my writing style, but I’ve developed my own style/voice now.

Open your book to a random page and please reads us a few lines.

Here are a few lines from page 13.

ears streamed down Sylvi’s cheeks, and her body was tense with fear of the unknown. Her chest rose and fell in a hypnotic rhythm as she gulped in breaths of air.

Anger didn’t even come close to describing the emotions racing through him. Rage. Hate. Wrath.

His beast crouched, waiting for a chance to attack, wanting Lukas to shape-shift, so he could exact revenge on Demetrius.

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for?

Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance. It comes out in October 2013, and I’ve been waiting ever so impatiently to read it!

Have you ever used anyone from your real life encounters in any of your books?

I’ve used very mild influences from people I know in real life, but I haven’t written a character with the intention of them being based off someone I know, for better or worse.

What was the most surprising thing you learned about yourself while you were writing?

That I have the perseverance to complete books on deadline and make a living doing something I love.


Thanks for hosting me on your blog, Bridgette!

Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she’s written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy...even a sweet contemporary romance!

A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night-light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary movies (and Ghost Adventures), and plays computer games with her husband. When she gets the chance, she loves traveling the world too.

No comments:

Post a Comment