Friday, January 10, 2014

#roomiesbook "Win One for You and Your Reader" campaign/sweepstakes @lbkids



Alright, now this is not something that I do regularly... so prepare to be surprised.. lol

I was asked to write a story about a "ROOMIE" of mine.... so... here is the tale of .....


THE BANDELL SISTERS!!


Now, Sis... whether you got married and your last name changed and you don't go by this name... it is your maiden name and you carry Bandell tendencies so *Blows Raspberries at you* 
So, I had only met my sister a little over a year before this all happened and due to ignorance(my ex husband) we lost touch....

When I got a chance to get in contact with her again I jumped at it.... and I asked her to spend the night so many times that she eventually ended up living with me which was
But as everyone who has ever lived with another female knows.... you can't put two queen bees in the same hive and expect sweet honey... lol

We both have a tendency to want things to go "our way" and my version of my way and her version of my way aren't ALWAYS the same... lol
We even almost had a few moments like this one... lol

We made awesome crafts, and ONE of us always had an WICKED idea!! 
Like these...

Ice-Cream with the kids... Noah ordered a chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkle dipped cone filled with chocolate ice cream, rainbow sprinkles, and a cherry on top.... he has the time of his life eating this monster!! lol

Autumn always stealing my hat and being dead set on trying to keep them hidden away from me lol.... such a little diva that one. She's gonna change the world one day I tell ya!!
She is definitely one of those girls that tells you how she is and doesn't let others decide for her!

And then there's my big sister's 26th birthday!! Took her out (With my little sister sitting to her left) got her a STUNNING halter top, new jeans, and awesome heels!! and then got her hair done and took her to Outback Steakhouse and introduced her to AppleTinis!!  Had the awesomest time EVER!! 

But for every good time.... there was a DOOZY of a bad one....
like the TIRE HELL 2011!!
Yes that is a hole in the front driver's side tire.... we were having tire issues (buy a used one because that's what we could afford, a few days later it goes flat... I break down and buy her a BRAND NEW tore for the front PASSENGER side with warranty and everything.... the NEXT DAY... the front DRIVERS SIDE tire.... gets a nail in it... 
That's right... I come up with a great permanent fix for the one issue and the Tire Gods deem us unworthy... lol 
We parked the car and get out and I hear this hissing noise... can't figure out what it is, I walk around the entire van and then she alerts me that we are watching the front drivers side tire go flat before our very eyes... I mean ... seriously?? When it rains... it pours...
We were hysterical that night... the kids couldn't figure out what was wrong because we were crying and laughing at the irony at the same time lol...

We had good moments... we had not so great moments.... But all in all.... I wouldn't change those short 9months for anything in the world... We haven't been speaking to each other for personal reasons... and it's not easy... but eventually, like most siblings, we will work it out, and iron out our issues.... :) I have faith in her and I that we can't be separated for too long without having sister withdrawls.. lol 
She even got me to read.... and to like twilight.... It would come on, she would watch it, every...freaking...time... Now, I'm sorry, but I was ANTI twilight until around September or October 2011... My reasons?? Well, there were many, but my most defining reason was that when I was growing up, vampires step into the sun, start to smoke, scream, skin melts off, flames arise and POOF!! Ashes... no more vampire.. 
there were no sparkly irridescent shineys and an alive vampire.. mmkay? lol 
Sun + Vampire = Dead Vampire.... 
But nooooo not to my sister... She would watch it incessantly..Trying to beg me to watch them with her... I was all...

. lol It wasn't until 6 months after we didn't live together that I accidentally watched a part of New Moon, only to find that the storyline(not the vamps) was pretty intriguing.... So I decided that I should watch them from the original first.... so I understood what the hell was going on... I do not... I repeat... I DO NOT like Twilight for the vampire werewolf appeal because there is none... not for me.... but the love story is too sweet... :) I like the love story... 
My sister and I even went to the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2, Midnight Premiere 


We went with Autumn and my sister and I were all
I had the time of my life!! 
So, while my sister and I aren't perfect when we are around each other...
 we do have some pretty awesome times....

Now that I am tearing up and have told you a little about myself and a roomie experience.... 

Let's get a little info....
The authors of this book::


Roomies

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Release Date: December 24, 2013
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Authors

Blurb:
It's time to meet your new roomie.

When East Coast native Elizabeth receives her freshman-year roommate assignment, she shoots off an e-mail to coordinate the basics: television, microwave, mini-fridge. That first note to San Franciscan Lauren sparks a series of e-mails that alters the landscape of each girl's summer -- and raises questions about how two girls who are so different will ever share a dorm room.

As the countdown to college begins, life at home becomes increasingly complex. With family relationships and childhood friendships strained by change, it suddenly seems that the only people Elizabeth and Lauren can rely on are the complicated new boys in their lives . . . and each other. Even though they've never met.

National Book Award finalist Sara Zarr and acclaimed author Tara Altebrando join forces for a novel about growing up, leaving home, and getting that one fateful e-mail that assigns your college roommate.


Want me to give away a paperback copy of their book to celebrate their physical book tour!! Below you will find a list of their confirmed stops... 

We want to send them all a huge congrats!! 

(US ADDRESSES ONLY 
PER AUTHOR REQUEST)



1 comment: