Sunday, January 5, 2014

REVIEW: Control by Charlotte Stein




Control

Expected publication: January 7th 2014
Genre: Erotica

Blurb:

When Madison Morris decides to hire an assistant to help run her naughty bookshop, she gets a lot more than she bargained for. Aggressive Andy doesn't quite make the grade, but continues to push her buttons in other areas, while uptight and utterly repressed Gabriel can't quite take Madison's training techniques. One makes her grasp control, while the other makes her lose it. But the lines are blurring and she's no longer sure whose leading and who's following. In the midst of kinky threesomes and power plays, can Madison work out what she really wants?


I received an eCopy of this book through NetGalley from the publisher for an honest review.

Alright, Well I began reading this book being thrown into a sex scene and no matter what I did I couldn't get into this book. I know it wasn't the dominating female. And I know this is an erotica book, not all erotica has hearts and flowers, but there is usually a hook in the beginning that catches you and pulls you into the story. I tried reading this book more than once, and I am NOT basing my review on any editorial imperfections because they are probably going to be worked out by the time it is released. 
It pains me to say that I tried to read this book on many occasions and I ended up having to call it... I will re-try to read it in six months, however, since I was given the book for a pre-release review.. I felt obligated to give at least what I could. If my review is going to change, I will retract this review and post a new one at that time. 

I give this book 1 out of 5 shields!

No comments:

Post a Comment