Saturday, January 31, 2015

SPOTLIGHT: Love in Rewind By Tali Alexander

LOVE IN REWIND

By
Tali Alexander

unnamed

synopsis
Emily has the life every woman dreams of.
At 29, she has two beautiful kids, a live-in nanny, housekeeper, cook, and every imaginable luxury in the posh Upper East Side townhouse she shares with her drop-dead gorgeous husband, Louis Bruel. His company, Bruel Industries, owns a big chunk of New York City’s most sought-after real estate, and together Emily and Louis embody the perfect hot fairy tale couple for ten happy years of marriage.
But when Louis mysteriously starts pushing Emily away, becoming distant and secretive, she is forced to search for the truth among the lies, scandal and heartbreak of his past that threaten to shatter her world. What she finds out will test the strength of her love and her vows to the man of her dreams.
Can Emily and Louis rewind far enough back to a time when life was simpler and love was all they needed? Follow their story with the help of some of their favorite songs from the 80’s to discover just how deep and how far love will go.
Meet Louis Bruel
Louis Smile
He's a dirty talker....

dirty talker


excerpt

“Ninety-five days.
That's how long it's been since I last had sex with my husband. I shouldn't be sad or pity myself, right? I live the life! I have a great man who adores and loves me—or did once. Louis works incredibly hard. He has built up his New York-based real estate development firm from nothing to a billion dollar company in less than fifteen years.
We have two beautiful kids: Rose, who just turned eight two weeks ago; and Eric, who's almost four. I gave up running an event planning company with my sister to stay home and be there for the kids and Louis. My husband wanted me to always be available for him.
We live in New York City the majority of the year. Our Upper East Side townhouse was once an embassy and takes up a good half of a city block. If I walk a few feet to the right, I'd be in Central Park, and if I take a few steps to the left, I'd be on Madison Avenue, the shopping mecca for the rich and famous.
I have need for nothing. I have a live-in nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, a driver, a masseuse, and a trainer. However, I would give it all up to have my husband want me like he once did. I'm twenty-nine years old but I feel like I'm eighty. You couldn't tell I suffer from depression and self-loathing by looking at me. On the outside, I'm glowing and happy. I'm skinny thanks to André, my personal trainer. I look twenty-one thanks to Botox and my mom, who's a dermatologist and keeps my skin looking young and flawless. Bergdorf Goodman keeps me dressed like a movie star and yet neither Hermès nor Van Cleef can put a genuine smile on my face these days
Some who don't know me would say Emily Bruel is just another spoiled little rich bitch. Well, that's why I keep my mouth shut. I don't complain. I take it as it comes and yes, I thank my lucky stars. But I'm starting to think that if I keep going at this pace, I'll lose the love of my life.
My husband is the one and only Louis Bruel. He was once deemed New York's most eligible bachelor; now they call him “The Baron of New York Real Estate.” He, like the rest of the world, seems to be oblivious to my dissatisfaction with our love life. He works fourteen-hour days and comes home to the picture perfect family he created. He has provided lavishly for us, and as I already mentioned, we need and want for nothing. Except, of course, the need I have for him to stop ignoring my existence.
When we first met, I was an eighteen-year-old nobody. He was almost thirty years old and very much a somebody. How could I not fall madly in love with the wonderful Louis Bruel all those years ago? Lord knows, every woman who sets eyes upon him still does! Why should I be any different? Besides his obvious sexy good looks, he has this animal magnetism, a kind of swagger that attracts anything in its path. I will never forget that magical night eleven years ago when I first laid eyes on Mr. Louis Bruel. I can see it all play out from the very start. If I close my eyes and rewind, it seems like yesterday.”
i love you
hands
Buy Links
Tali
“Nothing really to tell, what you see is what you get.”I am every woman out there that has fantasies in her head. I am a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a wife, a lover, a mother, and a friend. I happen to also be a Doctor of Pharmacy and a business owner by day, and now a writer by night. Writing and reading help me escape the scary world we live in. I hope my stories help readers experience many different emotions and ultimately, I hope I make them smile…

Writing keeps me sane. I hope reading does the same for you.

♥♥TA

AUTHOR CONTACT

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Goodreads | Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment