Saturday, August 3, 2013

REVIEW: Hot & Wild (De La Cruz Saga #4) by P.T. Macias

Publication Date: February 11, 2013

Available Here:

Blurb:
The hot-blooded saga of the De La Cruz familia and their fortunes is centered on romance, pasión, and danger. Enjoy their explosively passionate nature. 

Hot & Wild ~ Christian Arturo De La Cruz is a Navy SEAL. Christian lives for excitement. He loves it when the risk is great, dangerous, and complex. He enjoys the thrill of conquering the enemy when on a mission and the chicas when he’s on leave.

Monique Acosta is a young innocent bella chica. Her freshness and charm captures Christian’s alma. She instantaneously turns Christian’s world upside down. 

Christian is hurled into a dangerous warfare. He engages against the biggest menacing criminal ever. He fights against time and evil to save his amor and familia.

WARNING ~ De La Cruz Saga contains Spanish. Saga has a subtle influence of Spanish and it becomes more laced.
I tried to read this book.... I really did.... but I couldn't get any further than 6 pages without getting frustrated enough to walk away. I bought this book by request of the Author herself... but upon attempting to read it, I found that there was poor paragraph formatting and the Spanglish is too much for me to get past. I could not understand what was supposed to be happening and I felt like I was trying to re-learn a language that I wasn't great at to begin with. I realize yes.... there IS a glossary at the back that tells you what each word means... BUT if I were to flip back and forth from the glossary to the bookmarked page and back when I needed to figure out what a word meant, it would have drawn me too far out of the story to be involved in the plot. I am sure that Miss. Macias has a great idea here for her story. However, the Spanglish and writing style lacked enough to keep my attention and make me desire to keep trudging through to find out what the story was actually about.

I give this book 1 out of 5 shields.

Find my Amazon Verified Purchase Review Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment