Wednesday, June 12, 2019

GREAT SUMMER READS COUNTDOWN - DAY 8










Melanie
is an author, designer, photographer, and flight attendant all rolled into one.
She has told stories all her life and finds her passion in sharing the plots
that spin through her head. She now lives in Portland, Oregon, with her two
dachshund-chihuahua dogs. She loves the beauty of the Pacific Northwest that
feeds her imagination.



When no one is listening, Melanie loves to belt Broadway songs in her living
room and car. Someday she hopes to be on a flight where someone is reading her
book.








To
escape capture by Imperial soldiers, 16-year-old Eridale Storm leaves the only
home she’s ever known and drags her younger sister into the wilds of
Mericon—the Empire that formed when America collapsed. Hoping to find safety
with their mother who disappeared when Eridale was three, the girls follow
clues that lead them across the country, but the empire hounds their every
step.



The journey draws Eridale deeper into the conflict between the Empire and the
rebel Freedom Fighters, producing questions about Eridale’s heritage, questions
no one wants to answer.



Caught between the threads of deception, rebellion, and betrayal, Eridale
struggles to find out who she is. The answers she finds could lead the country
back to freedom or shackle them under the imperial throne forever.



This is book 1 of a 4 book series and not a stand-alone book.







Snippet:

The villagers won’t help us. Survival is up to me.
            I take a
deep breath, calming the jitters that twist my stomach. My fists tighten and
release.
“Leah,
bring me Papa’s bow.”
            Her eyes
widen.
“You’ll
be considered an outcast if you hunt.” Her gaze darts to the door and windows.
            “I’ve never
been accepted in this village. I’m different from everyone, honey. Just look at
me.” I motion to my reflection in the mirror, still broken from when the
Opprimere took my step-father.







            My dark,
coppery red hair cascades in a mass of curls from my ponytail down to my waist,
and my steely violet eyes reflect the pain of my situation. No one in the
village looks like me. 








To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 









No comments:

Post a Comment